Skip to content
+8
years in QA
+10
commercial QA projects
+2,000
downloads of my first mobile app

Hi — I’m Daniel. I build mobile apps and test software.

I have tested software professionally for over 8 years. Out of passion, I built and shipped my own app — Swoodie — live in both stores. I will design, build, test and release yours.

Scroll down
Daniel Gruchociak

Services

  1. Design & UX

    Two options: custom design by a UI/UX specialist, or standard design on proven patterns — faster and cheaper. You approve the wireframes before a line of code.

  2. iOS + Android app

    One codebase for both platforms — native feel, shorter timeline, lower cost. I pick the technology for the project and we discuss it on a call.

  3. Testing & security

    Every package is tested on real devices. MVP adds unit tests, and MAX gets testing on several levels, including security, grouped into automated suites.

  4. Backend & database

    Sign-in, database and server functions — in the cloud or on your own infrastructure if you need it. Secret API keys never ship inside the app. New orders, requests and errors reach you where you work — Slack, Telegram, Discord or another channel (from the MVP package up).

  5. Payments & subscriptions

    In-app purchases and subscriptions that follow Apple and Google rules, with payments verified on the server.

  6. Store release

    Developer accounts, listings, screenshots, and getting through Apple and Google Play review.

  7. Website & SEO

    A fast marketing site that brings users in from Google.

About me

I have worked as a software tester for over 8 years, so testing is not a final phase for me, but part of every week of work. I build apps out of passion, as an indie developer. Swoodie started with the question my partner and I kept asking each other after every gym session: “what do we eat today?” — and it went with me all the way from an idea to both stores.

AI got me hooked — day to day I use it to build agents that do the testing for me or help write test frameworks. And when I'm not testing or coding, I'm gaming, doing sport, following the stock and crypto markets or travelling.

My path

  1. 2015Technical support for web, desktop and mobile apps
  2. 2017Software tester — manual testing and first automation, mobile apps included
  3. 2019UI and API test automation on large projects
  4. 2022QA Automation Engineer — test frameworks, API testing and releases
  5. Swoodie, my own app, launches on the App Store — now on Google Play too

+8

years testing software professionally

  • Automated tests
  • Security testing
  • Exploratory testing
  • AI testing agents
My LinkedIn profile

For projects with custom design I work with an experienced UI/UX designer.

1:1 consultations

Building your own app, or learning testing and AI?

A 1:1 consultation online, at a time we agree by email. I answer your questions, review your app, tests or approach, and help you get unstuck or plan your next steps. I draw on what I do every day — including Swoodie, an app I built and released in both stores myself.

  • Online, one-on-one
  • A review of your app or tests
  • A plan for next steps

Tailored to your level and your questions — from a first idea to a specific problem in your code or tests.

  1. 01

    An app from idea to the stores

    First-version scope, React Native and Expo, backend, payments and getting through Apple and Google review.

  2. 02

    Testing and automation

    Playwright and Selenium in TypeScript or C#, security testing — from a professional tester’s point of view.

  3. 03

    AI in testing

    How to build an AI agent that tests your app, and how to write test frameworks with AI.

  4. 04

    Working with AI day to day

    Where AI really helps, where not to trust it, and how to check its output.

Pricing

Three starting points — you get an exact quote once I know your idea.

  • iOS or Android

    MINI

    A simple single-platform app to get into the store fast.

    €3,500 – €6,000

    Typically: 1–2 months

    • One platform (iOS or Android)
    • Core screens
    • Sign-in and database
    • Store release
    • Testing: basic
    Ask for a quote
  • iOS + Android

    MVP

    A first full version on both platforms, ready for its first users.

    €8,000 – €16,000

    Typically: 3–4 months

    • iOS + Android
    • Up to 2 languages
    • Subscriptions with a trial and paywall
    • AI features
    • Push and remote feature switches
    • Testing: devices + unit
    Ask for a quote
  • iOS + Android

    MAX

    A product built for growth: an SEO site, ad tracking, integrations and testing on several levels.

    €18,000 – €35,000

    Typically: 6–9 months

    • Everything in MVP
    • Many languages
    • SEO site and ad tracking
    • Integrations with external systems
    • Advanced admin panel
    • Testing: multi-level + suites
    Ask for a quote

All prices exclude VAT.

A bonus in every package: how to promote your app + AI tools for video and content.

Post-launch care from €150 / month — updates for new iOS and Android versions, bug fixes, monitoring and a monthly report. New features are quoted separately.

See full pricing

Process

  1. 01

    Message

    You describe your idea in the form: goal, users, budget. I’ll follow up by email and, if needed, we’ll set up a free 30-min call. No strings attached.

  2. 02

    Quote & plan

    Scope, milestones, dates and price — in writing.

  3. 03

    Build in milestones

    You regularly get a tested build on your own phone (TestFlight / Google Play testing).

  4. 04

    Release

    Store listings prepared and the app taken through review.

  5. 05

    Care

    Updates and fixes on a monthly retainer; new features quoted separately.

Testing & consulting

I am a professional tester, and today I work mostly with AI. I build AI testing agents and test frameworks for companies, and offer 1:1 consultations to individuals.

  1. AI testing agents

    Agents that explore your app and write and maintain tests — with your team in control.

  2. Test frameworks built with AI

    Playwright, Selenium and more — a new framework or an extension of yours, written with AI assistance.

  3. 1:1 consultations

    Building apps, testing and automation, AI in testing and working with AI day to day — online, one-on-one.

FAQ

How much does a mobile app cost?

An MVP, the first full version of your app for iOS and Android, costs €8,000 – €16,000 excl. VAT. A simpler MINI app for one platform is €3,500 – €6,000, and the MAX package €18,000 – €35,000. I prepare an exact quote after reading your brief.

How long does an app take?

MINI usually takes 1–2 months, MVP 3–4 months, MAX 6–9 months. The exact date is in the quote.

Do I own the code?

Yes. Once a milestone is paid you get the full source code and repository access.

What technology will you build the app with?

I pick it for the project: usually one codebase for iOS and Android and a proven cloud backend. If you already have your own server, database or requirements, such as data kept in the EU or on your infrastructure, I adapt to them. We go through the details on a call, before you get a quote.

Who pays for the App Store and Google Play accounts?

You open the accounts in your own or your company’s name — the app is yours from day one. Apple charges a yearly fee, Google a one-off fee. An Apple company account needs a D-U-N-S number, so it’s worth starting early. You add me to your team, and I guide you through the rest.

Do you build only iOS or only Android?

Usually both, from one codebase — the second platform costs only a little more. If one is enough to start, there is the MINI package.

How do you test the app?

Testing grows with the package. MINI gets basic testing of the key flows on a real phone, MVP adds unit tests, and MAX gets testing on several levels grouped into automated suites. Before App Store and Google Play review, every build goes through regression testing within the scope of its package.

Who does the design?

You have two options. Custom design is done by an experienced UI/UX designer — a unique look tailored to your brand. Standard design is done by me, on proven patterns and ready-made components — faster and cheaper. Either way, you approve the wireframes before I start coding.

What happens after release?

Take the care retainer or run the project yourself — you get the code and documentation.

Do you help promote the app?

Every package comes with a bonus: practical tips on how to promote your app and a list of AI tools for creating video and marketing content. You or your agency run the campaign itself.

Let’s talk

Describe your idea in a few sentences. I’ll reply by email and, if needed, we’ll set up a call at a time that suits you. I usually reply within 2–3 business days.

  • A free 30-min call — we agree the time by email.
  • I work in Polish and English.
  • Based in Poznań, Poland · working remotely with clients across Poland and abroad.